These are some of the cookbooks I'm using:
This one is not my favorite and it was the one I was most looking forward to. I absolutely loved her movie Crazy Sexy Cancer and when I saw she had a cookbook I was so excited. But the book is mostly information (which is the same as the info in the movie) and there are a few recipes in the back. If I hadn't watched the movie I think I would have loved the book better but it was just the same information twice.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I highly recommend it! I wasn't too sure about it because it's written by Alicia Silverstone and I'm typically not a huge fan of the actress/actor turned author types of books but since the library is free I added it to my list. I am so glad I did. The majority of my recipes for this upcoming week are from her. The first half of the book is full of information and the 2nd half is recipes. Yummy recipes that are also (mostly) easy and quick to make.

These last 2 I haven't spent too much time looking at. Just a quick flip through. They didn't capture my attention the way the other 2 did, but they both look like decent cookbooks too. I'm sure I'm pull some recipes from them as the weeks go by.



Last night for dinner we had portabella mushrooms and a pressed salad from "The Kind Diet". It was okay. The mushrooms were good. The salad was okay, we've been eating a lot of salad lately and I thought the pressed salad would be different enough but it was still "salad".
The best thing about the meal was these:

AMAZING. So good. Seriously you all need to buy some.
Today Justin made eggs for breakfast. Then we had El Sarape for lunch since Justin's mom is in town. I had fajitas without any meat. It was yummy. I won't tell you what the rest of my family had because it definitely wasn't vegan. :)
2 comments:
I look forward to seeing how it all goes. There is a blog I read and love called peas and thank you. Mama pea is vegan and posts all kinds of recipes. we love the vegan cookie balls from her blog.
I have been playing with the idea of doing more veggie/vegan meals. we don't eat much meat at our house also.
Love coconut bliss bars nom nom.
Great Job!!!!
Post a Comment