Wednesday, July 18, 2007

anyone else awake now???

So, here it is 1:36 am. I am sure you are wondering why I am blogging at this time of night. Judah decided to wake up at midnight and took forever to fall back asleep. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 months old, so I am not used to getting up. I think teething is the problem, he has been up the past 3 nights. I am wondering how I will do when the new baby comes. I never really minded getting up with Judah when he was a newborn. I think as a new mom you kind of run off of adrenaline for the first few months. Then you crash REALLY hard! :) But by then he was sleeping pretty good. I hope the new baby goes as easily as he did.
So I finally got him back to sleep and now I've been laying in bed for awhile and I can't fall back asleep. So annoying! My side of the sheet has completely pulled off the mattress, but I don't want to wake up Justin to fix it. Oh, the dilemmas a person can find in the middle of the night!
Enough boring stuff, lets see if I have anything interesting...
We are doing great with cloth diapering. No leaks at all yet. Still using disposables at night and when we go out. I ordered some G diapers a few weeks ago, and they have yet to appear. I was a little bitter when I went to Fred Meyer tonight and realized they sell G diapers there. It would have been so much easier to just buy them there. I am hoping to do a combination of cloth, g diapers, and disposables. But not very many disposables. We will see how it goes.
We have been busy helping with kids alive (the church's vbs program) this week. It has been nice to be involved in ministry that isn't part of Justin's ministry. Don't misunderstand that, I love doing ministry with Justin, but it is nice to branch out and do something because I made the choice to do it and not just because I was supporting my husband in ministry.
Judah is in the process of switching to one nap a day. I am very excited about this. He has been napping from 12-2. He falls asleep easily and sleeps for longer than he did with 2 naps. It is a nice time for me to get stuff done, or lately more often than not I just lay in bed and sleep or read. It is nice to have a set nap time to be able to plan my day around. I never planned our days around his 2 nap schedule because it was so unpredictable. He often just got short cat naps here and there, and I don't think that was really best for him.
Justins dad gave him a iphone. He blogged about it, so you can just read his story. I find it very ironic since my last post was on hating technology and I even mentioned the iphone in it. But, I think it will be a good move for us. I will be getting rid of my cell phone and we will FINALLY get a house phone. Then I will do a prepaid type of cell phone for emergency use only. I am very excited to be rid of my cell phone! (am I really that strange??? I don't know anyone else that would be overjoyed at giving up their cell phone!)
I bought a big bottle of vinegar today. I am excited to try all it's uses! I also want to stock up on some baking soda. It sounds like between the 2 of them I can clean a lot of stuff. Thanks for your input on the other post. :)
Okay, maybe I can sleep now. Hopefully I didn't bore you again. It seems like I don't have a lot of deep or super interesting blogs lately. I guess I titled my blog "life as a mom" and these things are part of my life as a mom!

6 comments:

Aimee B said...

Here is a website with 1001 uses for vinegar..
http://www.vinegartips.com/
I also would love to not have a phone. It wouldn't interupt time with my kids and no telemarketers. I have gotten used to the feeling of safety while driving and having a cell phone, but that's about all I use it for. I am more of a "Waltons wanna-be" myself. We have the whole series and watch it regularly

Unknown said...

you might be able to change your phone into a pay as you go. Brian made his one just by talking to them.

vinegar is great to use in the rinse with Diapers helps with the ph.

I like lemon and backing soda also for cleaning.

alicat said...

i've often wished to be rid of my cell phone. while i like the security of being able to get help/ask questions when i am aware from home, there are many things i don't appreciate. i don't like it when people expect to be able to get ahold of me. i feel like there is the expectation to be constantly available. i usually don't have it with me/have it on ring so there are many times i just don't answer because i am unaware that it is ringing...which is fine with me. so, i don't think it is strange at all.

Anonymous said...

One of the gifts my parents gave me is ...I never feel obligated to answer a call. My mom says "If its really important they'll call back". My husband, on the otherhand will randomly check the messages while we are out, or camping, or away from home. wierdo.
ALSO...vinegar is stinky! and...YAY for cloth diapers (re-useable shopping bags on the way!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting to schedule your daytimes. He'll probably stay with that for a while. I loved it when one would be asleep while another was awake. It was nice to have those one on one times. And of course, it was nice to have some time to catch up, read up or close up my eyes. Hooray for naps!
... about vinegar...When we first built our house and had the hardwood floor installed, I asked the guy what to clean it with. He said, "nothing but a mixture of water and vinegar". How about that? No expensive cleaners! The hardest part of it all has been finding the person to do the job! LOL

Molly said...

HAHAHAHA!!! " i bought a big bottle of vinegar today." that cracked me up.